Saturday, November 26, 2011

Aa raha hoon palat ke

Someone asks, "Aa raha hoon palat ke - I'm coming back.

This is the title of the lyrics of a Don 2 song, written by Javed Akhtar.

There is a very nice poetic translation of the lyrics on BollyWhat.com, however leaving out “palat ke“ (probably deeming it to be redundant).

I'm aware that kar ke means having done... / after doing .., and according to my dictionary palatnaa means something like to overthrow, but I'm still puzzled about the overall meaning and would very much appreciate your help."

Aa raha hoon palat ke => Closest would be in this sense: "I'm coming, having turned back."

You are right when you say, "I'm aware that kar ke means having done... / after doing .." So please consider my translation above which would satisfy your query.

No comments:

Post a Comment